Residents who want to place a work order for their unit should call WHA maintenance department during office hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (252) 946-9977.
In the event of an after-hour emergency, residents should call (252) 946-9977.
NOTE: We charge a $21.96 fee (for WHA) for non-emergency calls received after working hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Fire and Police calls = 911
- Main sewer line stop up
- Electrical shortage: switches or receptacles sparking or smoking
- Toilet stop up or won't flush: Until 10 PM and only has 1 toilet
- Water line break inside of unit
- Busted water heater
- Smoke/CO Detector: Beeping or going off
- Door and window locks = Resident cannot secure unit
- No heat: From October 15 - April 15
- Gas smell inside or outside of unit
All other calls should be referred to be addressed on the next business day.
- Traps under sink leaking (put a pan or bucket under to catch water until next business day
- Dripping water spigot
- Breaker in panel box not holding (does not include main breaker)
- Adjusting thermostat
- Door locks
The maintenance department responds to work orders requested by residents. Our maintenance department also provides routine, preventive, and emergency maintenance work to ensure decent, safe, and sanitary housing for WHA residents.