LIEAP 2022 Utility Assistance
¿Necesita traducir al español? El texto del sitio web de WHA se puede traducir a cualquier idioma que aparezca en Google. Haga clic en el enlace Traducir en la parte superior del sitio web para ver el sitio web de WHA en español. Si habla español, los servicios gratuitos de asistencia con el idioma están disponibles para usted. Llame al 252.946.0061.
ARE YOU NEEDING ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR HEATING BILL?
The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) may be able to help you!
You may qualify to receive an Automated Payment this LIEAP season if:
- You or someone in your household is age 60 years or older
- Or you or someone in your household is disabled and receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS)
- And are currently receiving Food and Nutrition Services
- And received a LIEAP payment during 2021-2022.
These households will be notified of eligibility in November and do not need to apply.
*If your heating provider has changed, please contact Beaufort County Department of Social Services to update this information.
Beginning December 1, 2022, any household with a person age 60 or older or with a disability receiving DAAS services who did not receive notice of an automated payment is encouraged to submit an application:
- Online at ePASS.NC.gov
- By phone at 252-975-5500
- By paper and mail, drop off at the agency, or faxing it to 252-975-5555
- In person
*Applicants may obtain a paper application or apply in person at Beaufort County Department of Social Services, 632 W. 5th Street, Washington NC 27889.
Beginning January 1, 2023, all other households may submit applications through March 31, 2023, or until funds are exhausted. Applications may be submitted online, phone, paper, mail, fax or in person as described above.
Applications will also be taken at the locations listed below:
- December 6, 2022
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- St. James Episcopal Church, Belhaven
- December 13, 2022
- 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Aurora Community Building